You reserve your pass by Museum or by Calendar:
- Museum Pass Selection By Museum: Museum
- Museum Pass Selection by Date: Calendar
- View / Cancel Reservations: Cancelation
Museum Pass Program Policy
Free Museum Passes are available to North Shore Public Library cardholders in good standing who have signed the Museum Pass User Agreement. A new agreement form must be signed each time a museum pass is checked out.
- Passes must be reserved in advance and handled by an adult (18 years or older) family member. Only one Pass may be checked out to a patron at a given time.
- Pick-up a reserved museum pass at the Children’s Reference Desk after 3:00 PM on the day prior to use. Return the pass to the Children’s Reference Desk by 1:00 PM on the due date. Other patrons may be waiting to use it.
- Reservations will be taken up to 2 months in advance of the desired date.
- Reservations will be taken either in person or by telephone at 631-929-4488, ext 223.
- In order to ensure that the Museum Pass can be given to the next patron, keep in mind that there is a $10 late fee per day, so please return it promptly.
- In the event that non-return of a Pass necessitates the Library to pay the entrance fee for the next user, that entry cost to the museum will be attached to the borrower’s record.In the event of loss or mutilation of a Pass, a fee will be charged for the replacement cost of that Museum Pass.
- Patrons should call the museum directly for information on hours of operation, parking and/or directions.
- The Library staff reserves the right to monitor usage to ensure fair access for the greatest number of patrons.
Museum Pass Limits
- Maximum number of passes a cardholder can borrow for a single day: 1
- Maximum number of passes a cardholder can book for a calendar month: 4
- Maximum number of times a cardholder can borrow for a specific museum per month: 1
- Two “no shows” within a 60-day block of time will block users from making a reservation.
- During the school vacation breaks, patron is limited to one single reservation, for one single museum pass.